Egg Carton Flowers
This fun and easy project is perfect for kids and parents to try at home. Use your recycled egg cartons to create a beautiful and decorative flower bouquet.
Materials Needed For Project
- Medium Sized Tin Can
- Egg Cartons
- Popsicle Sticks
- Paint (We liked yellow and purple paint for the egg cartons, purple and magenta for the popsicle sticks)
- Colored Buttons
- Green Pipe cleaners
- Large ribbon
- Green paper filler
- Glue Dots or Hot glue gun
Follow the Steps Below
- Step 1: Cut out your egg cartons. (You may need to round the edges when cutting so that they look more like petals.)
- Step 2: Paint your egg cartons. (We made 5 flowers so you’ll need 5 egg cartons painted purple and 5 yellow.)
- Step 3: Once dry, make a hole in the bottom of the egg carton with a pencil.
- Step 4: Place glue on the inside of the purple egg carton and then place the yellow one on top.
- Step 5: Fold over your pipe cleaner so that the folded part is at the bottom of the stem of the flower.
- Step 6: Push the top 2 pieces through the egg carton holes and twist the pipe cleaner all the way down so that the two halves come together and make the pipe cleaner stem stronger.
- Step 7: Glue your button on top of the pipe cleaner in the center of the egg carton.
- Step 8: Paint your popsicle sticks in two different colors. (We liked purple and magenta. We used glue dots to glue them to the can.)
- Step 9: Now add paper filler inside your can and place your flowers inside.
- Step 10: Tie ribbon around the can and give it to someone special